Monday, June 8, 2009

Our trip to DC

Well as you all know by now...my personal blogs get put on the back burner!!! We went to DC a couple months ago to visit some of our Aunt and Uncle Sommers! We hit the cherry blossoms at peak and they were beautiful. This was my first time at our nations capitol and I was amazed. I just can't get over how big it all is. DC is gorgeous during the day and at night. For those of you who follow me on facebook, you might remember me posting about trying to run from the capitol building to the Washington monument...while catching the light just after sunset. Well that's about 2 miles and I didn't have running shoes on...plus I was caring my camera. So needless to say...I didn't make it! But it sure makes for a funny memory or picture if your visioning me trying to make it in time. Hope you enjoy these!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We also met up with my good friend Dani...
Photobucket
had to do a quick casual portrait of her :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 Comments make me :):

Mom said...

Wow Faye, I am all choked up, seriously...so patriotic, so clear, sharp.etc. And I love Danni's dimples, she is so cute.

Jenny said...

fabulous faye faye. so beautiful

Elizabeth (Libby) O'Neill said...

Faye,
These are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

EJ said...

Hi Faye - I'm Eric Bash, Danielle's brother, who also lives in DC. Sorry I missed you when you were here. Your pictures are beautiful, and make me see my city in a new way.