Thursday, December 20, 2007

Conner Christmas....

I have a few family events to post (I hope I can get to them all, I only scheduled myself a day to get caught up on my own personal photography and it looks like I need 4 days to get caught up) The first Saturday of December every year The Conners (my mom's extended family) always gets together. Many many years ago before this family grew, they actually got together every Christmas Eve (as my mom has told me) There are some tradtitions that have stayed the same....lots of food, a children's gift exchange, children's story (usually a story about baby Jesus) and of course just quality time with the family. There are a few traditions that have finally come to an end..... Singing Christmas Carols (yes we really did for many many years, it sounds silly, but it was pretty fun) The grown ups gift exchange (this one we decided a few years ago that we should adopt a family in need each holiday season instead of giving each other gifts, this new tradition is one of my favorites....this year we raised over $1,200....GO US!!!...and adopted over three families in need) My cousin Kelly started a new idea this year for the kids which was making gingerbread houses (ha ha a lot of us big kids totally joined in on this too)....IT WAS SO FUN! I'd never made a gingerbread house before and I LOVED IT!

To all my Conner family out there.... I"m so blessed to be able to call you my family and enjoy spending time w/ you (I wish it could be more often) Okay on with the pictures......
The Aunts...


First cousins (my mom's generation)


Second cousins (my generation)


Third cousins

Our family tree.....









My (Andy helped too) gingerbread house......









EDIT: Any Conner's that would like the full res files (the ones above are not print quality) to the group photos, please just e-mail me and I will get them to you :)
Thanks!!!

3 Comments make me :):

Anonymous said...

So glad you posted this.(I e-mailed all of the Conners I have addresses for) I,too, am grateful and proud to be part of this great family. Lots of wonderful memories. I think our many losses have helped us to appreciate what we have in each other. Thanks for posting this. love, Mom

Anonymous said...

this is such a sweet post, Faye! its so obvious there's so much love in this family! i love love love the gingerbread house pics!!!

kelbel said...

The gingerbread pictures our Awesome! Ours did not turn out quite that "professional"!!!